SOG makes a few of my preferred knives on the planet. They are not just strong, however ending up being more ingenious gradually. The SOG Arcitech and Meridian folders are a few of the coolest knives out there. I just recently got the SOG Vulcan folder with tanto point and here are my ideas:
Exactly what I like about the knife:
1. SOG utilizes exactly what I think about to be the very best steel in the knife world today for the Vulcan; VG-10San Mai. This steel is terrific since the inner core (cutting edge) is made from incredibly sharp and difficult VG-10stainless. VG-10' s just failure is that that it can be rather fragile and susceptible to rust. To neutralize this, one layer of 420 J2 steel is thoroughly laminated on each side of the VG-10offering you the supreme effect in between edge retention, versatility and deterioration resistance.
2. You have the alternative of 3.0 or 3.5 inch blade with tanto or drop point. I personally selected the 3.5 inch tanto blade since I prefer to have something large knives. It is big enough to be a relied on work buddy, both blade sizes and designs must be legal to bring practically anywhere you go.
3. Are you a lefty? The Vulcan features a reversible pocket clip and ambidextrous thumb stud to enable simple ideal or left handed bring.
4. I like that SOG ' s Arc-Lock has no up and down or side to side motion when in the locked position. This lock has actually been individually checked to hold over 1,000pounds of direct pressure without failure.
5. Ergonomically speaking, the SOG Vulcan is remarkable. The manage feels extremely comfy and is made from super-tough zytel product that will hold up for several years.
Exactly What I did not like:
I want that this knife were readily available with serrations. I constantly prefer to have at least partially serrated knives for energy work, however thinking about the high grade of steel I can see why they did not wish to carry out serrations.
With recommended retail worths ?? varying from $ 140 to $ 185, the SOG Vulcan loads all the punch of a customized knife at a portion of the expense. I ' ve seen other knife business charge charges of $ 500 for production cabinets made with laminated San Mai steel. The Vulcan is a terrific worth for the cash.